**I misspoke at the end of my video. I said a lot less, when I meant to say that I’ve cut more than the $13,500 from my annual budget**
Why Call This Blog The Shop My Closet Project?
When I began this blog I had a vague idea that I should be using what I already have such as: clothes, product, and food already in my home. I was a bit obsessive about fashion at the time I started my blog so “The Shop My Closet Project” was the title that spoke to me.
Over the past 3 years TSMCP and has evolved to include my musings on: living life to the fullest, concepts on gratitude, happiness, what is enough, and how to live the best life with what you already have.
I’ve always loved talking about the topic of money and hope that through sharing my stories of mistakes and the occasional “win” that I can encourage people to keep trying to improve their financial life.
Helping Others By Sharing My Successes and Epic Fails One Post at a Time
- Success-Stopped shopping for 365 DAYS (a whole freaking year!) Here are some takeaways that may help you rock No Shopping Challenge or at least manage your consumption. Saving me around $4000
- Success-Side hustled my way out of an expensive cell phone contract saving me $1500 in 2 years!
- Success-Went on an epic trip utilizing AirBnB, youth hostels, and an imperfect travel hack. How you can utilize these options on your next trip.
- Success/Fail-Paid a bunch of debt off and downsized my expenses..then grew my debt during an unexpected bout of Depression
- Success/Fail-Rocking freelancing but still working on growing my savings back to a healthy state to buffer me during downtimes.
- Success-Starting a blog. Growing my tribe. Changed my life.
Some additional random facts about me:
I am a life long Perrier drinker, enjoy hiking and camping in the mountains of Colorado, I believe frugal travel is the best way to see the world, I love talking to (nice) strangers, smiling at babies, meeting puppies, cooking new recipes, snowboarding , reading for hours, and I love life in general.
My goal going into 2015 is to help people feel good about themselves and change their lives.
Drop me a line!
Also, check out my disclaimer page. I’m not a professional. Blogs are for entertainment. Just Saying.
Summer 2015-Currently I am posting on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays* I do allow myself the option to not post if I feel that I am unable to write a great post that day*
My Contact Information
Facebook Page: The Shop My Closet Project
Pinterest: The Shop My Closet Project
Sign Up For Dream, Imagine, Do!
My weekly guide to living your best life!
I also have another blog!
It’s about all things Colorado! Food, places, art, events, and the list goes on. If you would like to visit my lovely state, live here, or are just curious about it, then check out:
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- How I Killed My Financial Biases and Freed Myself Financially - 27 February, 2017
- How to Eat Organically on $30 a Week - 24 February, 2017
- Want to Change Your Finances? Girl Gone Frugal (again) - 22 February, 2017