Today we are joined by Aja McClanahan from the blog Principles of Increase for Girl Gone Frugal podcast episode 3. Aja and I had an amazing time talking for 2 hours before recording and I think that Aja’s story will inspiring to those of you who are looking to change your financial life by switching to a cash only budget.
- Sound quality is a little scratchy on my end. I am upgrading my equipment in August, so I appreciate your patience. I just wanted to make sure podcasting was right for me before investing in a lot of equipment 🙂
- Debt Free in 24 Hours (Aja’s book) available on Amazon.com
- Word for the podcast: Hygge (Danish) it basically means an absence of anything annoying. In this conversation we will use that to mean an absence of debt.
- Learn a little bit about Aja’s story!
- Aja’s “Hood Rich” Post
- How Aja and her husband got their home-free
- Why she doesn’t like the word “Hood” but uses it anyway
- Her family’s cash only pledge, the difficult choices they made, and what the universe manifested
- How she got her car
- What happens when you take financing out of your money picture (it’s not an option)
- My mind is blown!
- 3 things Aja suggests doing to change your money mindset.
- Her future goals
- A book recommendation-The Great Debt Dump by the Debt Free Divas
- Will you move…when the kids get bigger?
- Aja LOVES her neighborhood!
- How Aja and her husband are keeping their kids “grounded” in life
- Future goals for Principles of Increase
- Who is Aja trying to serve via her blog?
- The push to retire early.
- Extreme Savings
- Aja’s advice for people who are in their (50s+) who are struggling financially
I am 100% convinced that Aja and her husband will rock their current and mutual goals. I had a wonderful time talking to Aja and I hope you get a chance to visit her blog and get inspired.
The D.O.N.E. Society
For Information on The D.O.N.E. Society Click on the link HERE!
Join My D.O.N.E. Society Closed Facebook Group to Hang Out and Support Like-Minded People Working Towards Their D.O.N.E. Moment!
The 31 Day D.O.N.E. Challenge Begins on March 1, 2016
More from my site
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- How I Killed My Financial Biases and Freed Myself Financially - 27 February, 2017
- How to Eat Organically on $30 a Week - 24 February, 2017
- Want to Change Your Finances? Girl Gone Frugal (again) - 22 February, 2017